This Code applies to behaviors that take place at Hudson Players’ sponsored events (which include, but are not limited to: auditions, rehearsals, performances, meetings, social outings, or online events) and in social media pages. Conduct occurring outside of the Hudson Players’ ‘jurisdiction’ may also be covered under this Code if the Board of Directors deems, in its sole but reasonable opinion, that a person’s behavior is of concern, which may include, without limitation, any situation where a person’s behavior:
· Presents a real or potential danger or threat to the health or safety of themselves or others;
· Does or may significantly impinge upon the rights, property, or achievements of others, significantly breaches the peace, or causes social disorder; or
Persons will refrain from the following behaviors:
1. Engaging in acts of discrimination, which are defined as the inequitable treatment of any person or group based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other class that is or may be protected by law.
2. Engaging in acts of harassment, which is a form of discrimination defined as verbal, written, or physical conduct that shows hostility or aversion toward a group or individual because of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law and that a) has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment; b) has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s performance; or c) otherwise adversely affects an individual’s opportunity to participate in Hudson Players’ activities.
· Harassing conduct may include,but is not limited to, epithets, slurs or negative stereotyping; threatening,
intimidating or hostile acts; denigrating jokes and written or graphic material that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group, that is expressed through email, phone, text messages, tweets, blogs, social networking, verbal communications, or any other means.
3. Engaging in sexual harassment, which is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests
for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
· Sexual harassment may include, but is not limited to, subtle and not-so-subtle behaviors and may involve individuals of the same or different gender. Depending on the circumstances these behaviors may include unwanted sexual advances or requests for sexual favors; sexual jokes and innuendo; verbal abuse of a sexual nature; commentary about an individual’s body, sexual prowess or sexual deficiencies; leering, whistling,
or touching; insulting or obscene comments or gestures; display of sexually suggestive objects or pictures; and other physical, verbal or visual conduct of a sexual nature.
4. Making another person’s personal, private, or identifying information public without permission.
5. Intentionally engaging in conduct or making false or misleading statements about the Hudson
Players or its members where such behavior is detrimental to the Hudson Players or its members, or their reputations.
6. Unauthorized use of the Hudson Players’ property, including but not limited to funds, name, logo, other trademarks, copyrighted information, and membership listings.
7. Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the venue or site host at Hudson Players’ sponsored events, including regarding weapons, drug, or alcohol policies.
The Board of Directors will investigate any and all accusations of Prohibited Behavior and any person deemed by the Board of Directors to have conducted or participated any Prohibited Behavior may be subject to the following as determined by the Board in its reasonable
· Have their membership revoked with no refund;
· Be temporarilyor permanently removed from a Hudson Players’ activity (be it show, social event, etc);
· Be temporarily or permanently removed from Hudson Players’ social media accounts.
· Other consequences as may be reasonably determined by the Board of Directors.